Experience the thrill of galloping horses, dazzling fashion, and tantalising cuisine at the renowned Hollywoodbets Durban July. This extraordinary event brings together well-known personalities, including jockeys, fashion designers, and influencers converging at the iconic Hollywoodbets Greyville Racecourse to enjoy the biggest day in the racing calendar.
The Hollywood Foundation chose to support the Makers Foundation this year as a way of supporting the arts and to shine a spotlight on businesses that actively contribute to creating a sustainable community. As a remarkable initiative, the Foundation has crafted three life-sized metal racehorses from recycled steel, enhancing the grandeur of the Hollywoodbets Durban July.
Based in Irene, Pretoria, the Makers Foundation was formed in 2009 and supports pioneers who work hard to establish a greener, more socially-inclusive, and more creative society. The organisation is a combination of artist, technology-driven education, and local tourism, and it is now the country’s very first sustainable facility that will continue to deliver social and economic services and opportunities to the local community.
Through its Enterprise Development programme, the Makers Foundation has brought about a significant transformation in the lives of numerous individuals, spanning women, youth, the elderly, and people living with disabilities. This impactful initiative has resulted in the creation of 1 800 employment opportunities. The Makers Foundation team harnesses recycled materials to fashion unique, limited-edition items across a diverse range of categories, including home décor, fashion, art, design, and food. Each creation reflects their commitment to sustainability and showcases their exceptional craftmanship.
Tania Bryant, the Founder, and CEO of the Makers Foundation explained that it was a dream come true to hear that the Hollywoodbets Durban July will be exhibiting a creation made by the organisation, at this year’s prestigious “Out Of This World” event. Speaking about the message that the metal horses serve to tell the public, she added, “Sometimes, you got to run wild and free, never leave a trace, only art. Run with the wild horses, and expect everything that life can give from yourself. Be free, independent, have strength and courage.”
“The Hollywoodbets Durban July has given the Hollywood Foundation an opportunity to give back to our communities and contribute towards a more sustainable environment. We are humbled to lend a helping hand to the Makers Foundation, as we highlight the incredible work being done by this organisation through recycled items. As we touch on our Arts and Culture pillar, we hope that these horses continue to tell an inspiring story to the public in the years to come,” said Vuyisile Ngobese, the Public Relations Officer at the Hollywood Foundation.
Join our Hollywoodbets Durban July Life Size Horse Naming Challenge and you could stand a chance to WIN R10 000 towards a non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Submit 3 creative name suggestions along with a non-profit organisation of your choice for a chance to win
- The competition runs between 24– 29 June 2023.
- The competition closes on 29 June 2023 at 10am
- The Draw to select the winner will be done by one of the Hollywood Foundation Team Support Office team members and will be supervised by an internal auditor.
- The prize will be signed over to the winning registered Non-Profit organisation on the 5th of July 2023.
- The winning organisation will be notified via Facebook inbox and via a telephonic call.
- By entering the competition, you agree:
- that Hollywood Foundation may collect and process your personal information for the purposes of the competition,
- to receiving communication from Hollywood Foundations’ sponsors and partners,
- to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of your name/s and photographs in such publicity, subject to the winner’s right to decline participation in any such promotional activities.
- Hollywood Foundation and its authorised agents reserve the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes which have not already been won, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations, which you may have against Hollywood Foundation or its authorised agents and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against Hollywood Foundation or its authorised agents.
- Every entrant participating in the competition shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions by virtue of their participation.
- This competition is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of Hollywood Foundation or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Hollywood Foundation or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of all the above.
- By entering and participating and/or accepting any prize, the entrants, participants, users and/or winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless Hollywood Foundation (including its subsidiaries, associate companies and affiliates), its directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense, claim and/or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the competition, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a prize, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a prize-related activity.
- Self-excluded persons may not enter the competition.
- The Hollywood Foundation reserves the right to not use the names selected by the participants.
- In the event of a dispute, individuals may contact the Hollywood Foundation [email protected]
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Entrants, by virtue of participation, understand that information provided is collected by Hollywood Foundation, in terms of its Customer Privacy notice that can be found at https://hollywoodfoundation.co.za/privacy-policy/ and not by Facebook.
- These terms and conditions are also available by emailing [email protected]